We LOVE Fall, and what better way to celebrate the season than with some festive drinks for daytime or evening cocktail hour. Since we are just outside of Los Angeles, and the weather is literally 103 today as we write this, we decided to gather some festive (and cold) Fall drink recipes, perfect for warmer weather. Although some of you are in the same boat as us, simply dreaming of cooler times ahead, it doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate traditional Fall festivites. We have scoured the internet (Pinterest, mostly…let’s be honest) and put together our list of amazing recipes we think you’ll love!
APPLE CIDER FLOATS by “Domestically Blissful” – http://www.domesticallyblissful.com
- Sparkling Apple Cider
- Fresh local Apple Cider
- French Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Apple Slice
- Ground Cinnamon
- Cinnamon Stick
- Caramel Sauce
- Scoop ice cream into a cup & pour equal parts sparkling apple cider & fresh local apple cider.
- Top with whipped cream, an apple slice, a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, & caramel sauce.
If you freeze your cup for at least 30 minutes your drink will stay cold longer & won’t melt as quickly.
SPARKLING CRANBERRY APPLE CIDER PUNCH by “Mel’s Kitchen Cafe” – www.melskitchencafe.com
Servings: 4-6 (2 quarts)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/3 c water
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 4 cups apple cider, chilled*
- 2 cups ginger ale, chilled**
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice, chilled
- crushed ice
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries and water and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the cranberries pop and split. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar. Let cool to room temperature (or chill in the refrigerator).
- In a 2-quart pitcher, pour in the cranberry mixture. Add the apple cider, ginger ale, lemon juice and cranberry juice. Mix.
- Serve in cups with crushed ice.
*The flavor of this punch is best using apple cider that is fresh-pressed, meaning, not the kind that is clear like apple juice – it should look slightly cloudy (but you could use the kind in the juice aisle in a pinch). Also if you can’t find 100% cranberry juice, you can try using a blend but you might want to cut down on the sugar in the recipe. I like to use Vernor’s ginger ale, it’s less sweet and just a bit more spunky in flavor.
**If you want to make some of this ahead of time, combine everything but the ginger ale in the pitcher and refrigerate for several hours. Add the chilled ginger ale when ready to serve.
AUTUMN APPLE SANGRIA by “Hostess With The Mostess” – www.hwtm.com
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 4 apples, chopped (4 medium or 5 small)
- 2 oranges, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 bottles red wine of your choice
- 3-1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cups club soda or ginger ale
- cinnamon-sugar, for rimming glasses
- tall cinnamon sticks for garnish
- In a large pitcher or bowl, combine the wine, apple cider, brandy, orange juice, lemon juice and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Mix in the chopped apples, orange slices, and cinnamon sticks.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, or up to overnight. Add club soda (or ginger ale) just before serving.
- For added flair, rim glasses with cinnamon sugar and garnish with a tall cinnamon stick.
APPLE PIE ON THE ROCKS by “Gal on a Mission” – www.galonamission.com
- 2 oz. caramel vodke
- 2oz. cinnamon Whiskey
- 1 oz. TUACA Vanilla Citrus Liqueur
- 8 oz. Apple Cider
- Brown sugar for garnishing rim
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Add caramel vodka, cinnamon whisky, liqueur and apple cider to a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until the liquids are chilled.
- Add a little water to the glass rim and dip into the brown sugar
- Place ice into a glass tumbler and pour the cocktail into the glass. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Thank you to all these amazing women and their fabulous drink recipes! We hope you enjoyed a few new festive Fall drinks to try out. We don’t know what you’re up to this evening, but we are definitely trying some of these recipes tonight!